There are many challenges to working with various types of material in CNC machining. It takes decades of experience to be able to machine parts from different types of metals and plastics. Bronze based metals have unique challenges as well and many times our clients want us to have their products painted, powder coated, anodized, or laser etched after machining. Planning is crucial to the success of any projects we receive from a client.
Although some people mistakenly believe that because some materials are softer than steel, like plastic, that it must be easy to make complex parts. It is difficult if you have to hold high tolerances and work with very small parts.
We are also manufacturing prototypes using 3D Printing capabilities because we believe in being on the front lines of new technology in our industry even though our core business is all CNC Machining.
We also maintain an excellent business relationship with many vendors to get the needs of our clients met quickly and under budget. Many of our vendors have been with us for decades as well.
Common Materials Used:
• Aluminum – 2024-T351 , 6061-T6 , 6063-T3 , 7075 , Jig Plate , Cast
• Brass – Naval 464, Alloy 360 , Alloy 260 Yellow , Bronze
• Copper – ETP, Oxygen Free 102, Alloy 110
• Steel – C1018 , 1045 , 1144 Hi Stress ,12l14 , 1215 , 4140 , 8620
• Stainless Steel – 303 , 304 , 316 , 420 , 17-4 PH , Tool
• Plastics – Acetals , Acrylic , Nylon , Polycarbonate , Teflon , UHMW , PVC
• Wood – Laminates , Pinewood Derby Shapes
• Extrusions – Special Shapes , Aluminum , Plastics
Our CNC Machines are capable of handling a wide variety of materials that can be cut to precise measurements such as:
• Stainless Steel
• Castings and Extrusions
Copyright 2015 Halsey Manufacturing. All Rights Reserved.
209 N Mayhill Rd,
Denton, TX 76208
(940) 566-1973 Fax